2 Apr 2015

polar bear (and some April goals)


I finished this little guy (complete with scarf) for my sister last week. He's essentially exactly the same as the brown bear I made back in January, only white, so he's a polar bear :) Much like my first attempt, this was a dream to make (the Toft patterns really are super easy to follow) and has only increased my want to try one of the other animals in Edward's menagerie. One day I will, I just need to find someone to make it for!

In other news, it's now April (!) which means I need some goals for month…behold!

1. Finish reading the three books I'm half way through. (Why do I do that to myself?)
2. Find alternative breakast foods. (Some days I eat so much bread I am geniunely concerned that I may turn into a loaf).
3. Find a dress (or possibly dress pattern to make) for a hen do next month.
4. Buy some bras! (How the hell have I come down to two?!)
5. Do some printing!
6. Try 3 new veggie recipes.
7. Go for a walk everyday, 20 minutes at least. (I realise that doesn't sound like much but this unemployment shiz has meant that some days - bad days - I don't leave the house.)
8. Continue to apply for jobs (one a day) and do some prep for interviews.
9. Organise my craft supplies (and possibly get rid of some). Mitch tidied his section of the room and I am most definitely letting the side down.
10. Give some change to the next great busker you hear. Granted I've not been heading into central that often recently but my three interviews this month will give me ample opportunity to show some appreciation to the buskers.

Right, I'm off to the job centre (joy of joys), hope you're all having excellent Thursdays.

10 comments:

  1. He's SO cute!! I love polar bears!
    Oh gosh, I can only do one book at a time! Good luck with finishing them :)

    Breakfast-wise, we've really been enjoying granola with Greek yoghurt (for the bf) and natural yoghurt for me. Although I do enjoy porridge on the weekends, except I make it with half the milk substituted with water, and it's a lot lighter for breakfast.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to jump on the granola and yoghurt (and fresh fruit) bandwagon, sounds like a v.good start to the day. I do like porridge, I just need to add things to it so I don't get bored! Good tip on the water, I'm not a fan of lots of milk in the morning (hence why cereal isn't really a brekky option for me) :)

      Delete
  2. Your blog header is gorgeous! Sorry if I didn't notice until just now and the polar bear is super cute! I'm supposed to be cutting out bread too but with work running me ragged, I find myself pulling out a cookie or two to survive the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you :) I only changed it at the beginning of the month so you were spot on! Bread, unfortunately (or fortunately) is just a super easy go-to food option. Oh, don't get me started on my biscuit consumption!

      Delete
  3. Ah the polar bear is the cutest!! How awesome. I think they are fab goals - let me know how you go with the no bread breakfasts, I am also in danger of turning into a loaf, I need some alternatives! I've been trying to walk at lunch and at the end of the day which has been really nice this month! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I confess that so far it's not going that well but I have been having porridge. Now that the weather's heating up I won't have any excuses for not doing some walking! X

      Delete
  4. What a cute little polar bear chap! I'm trying to cook more veggie based meals, which basically just ends up being egg fried rice or something veg curry based, but at least it's a start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veg curry is excellent - it's one of my go to veggie dishes! I tend to do a lot of veggie pasta meals so I need to veer away from pasta, it's time to try something different I think!

      Delete
  5. Good luck for your interviews! Also, I feel you on the bread thing... when I'm off school, I have toast for breakfast, bread for lunch, and often something bread-based (pitta, naan, tortillas) with my dinner too: not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet :) yep, that is basically my food diary that you've just described! Will also need to think of ways to shake up my bready lunch too!

      Delete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...