18 Jul 2014

experiments in dressmaking - Pastille

Hello! Hope you've managed to enjoy some of the glorious weather we've had this week. My time has been equally spent between sunning myself outside and cracking on with wedding related crafts inside. Yesterday however, I took some time out to finish off my latest dress. Behold!

I used the bodice from Colette's Pastille dress pattern (one of the five patterns featured in their sewing handbook) but instead of the fitted skirt I went with a simple gathered one. It doesn't look as fancy as the original but I do love me a gathered skirt and I personally think it's a bit more summery.

The fabric was from a fairly recent trip to the Goldhawk Road and I bloody love it. It is so light and soft - perfect for a summer dress. I also really like the binding around the sleeves and hem, it makes the dress look more 'finished' I think.

Fit-wise, it's a bit loose around the sleeves and a made a fairly noticeable mistake on the back which you can probably see from the photo. I've still not quite mastered the invisible zip either, boo. On the plus side, with each dress I make I'm getting better at knowing my body shape and which sizes to choose on the pattern (as I lack any kind of waist I'm usually in between two pattern sizes). Also, this dress is SO comfortable to wear so I can overlook the errors.

For it's first outing yesterday I teamed the dress with my gold sandals (which I basically live in at the moment - yay!) and my favourite headscarf. I felt so damn summery :)

In other news, it's Friday and a hot one at that. I just met Mitch at Westfield to collect our wedding rings which was cool and now there's just three hours left of work and only 27 hours till my hen do :D - I cannot wait! Hope you've got a fabulous weekend lined-up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...