24 Jan 2016

Seed stitch scarf


I'd been wanting a mustard coloured scarf for aaaages and, having completed the more challenging (and time consuming) task of knitting a jumper, I decided to treat myself to nice simple scarf. It's true, I'm a little obsessed with moss and seed stitch (used here and here) but whatevs, I think it's pretty.

I used a chunky wool which was part alpaca and thus incredibly soft. It turned out exactly as I'd imagined it, took no time at all to knit and I've worn it every day since I finished it, so yeah, a very successful make in my books :) 

Although I just bemoaned the jumper knitting I'm v.tempted to start another...I had a dream recently where I was wearing a navy one with burgundy raglan sleeves and now that's all I can think about! I've not started anything new since completing the scarf - all my stuff is in boxes and I've no idea where anything is - but watch this space, those boxes have gotta be unpacked sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I looove moss stitch but it takes me bloody ages to knit anything with it, so I've been avoiding it a bit lately. Maybe I need to find a wee project where I can use it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best scarf ever! I love mustard anything and the moss stitch looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...