16 May 2014

the illustrated packing list: the lake district


This morning my friends and I set off for the Lake District, hopefully by the time you read this we'll be well on our way! Two days ago I made my packing list. Unfortunately whilst the south of the country is having a heat wave, Cumbria will be experiencing much milder temperatures this weekend. I'm not too disappointed as I don't think climbing a mountain in 22 degree heat would be fun at all. We've got lots lined up - a mountain to climb, the coast and lakes to see, some rock climbing and a few local pubs to try out. I am hella excited. Learning from my experiences on Snowdon, for this trip I've invested in some proper walking shoes as well as walking socks, a light weight waterproof jacket and, just in case it pisses it down, the most unattractive things I've ever seen - waterproof trousers. Hope you all have lovely weekends, see you on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...