27 Jun 2016

the joy is in the planning: star block baby quilt

I'd not made a quilt for quite some time (over two years ago in fact!) and stitching this one reminded me of how much I enjoy it, the sewing and quilting yes, but actually it's the planning I love the most - figuring out which blocks to stitch, how many I might need, what fabrics to use, how big the quilts needs to be - it's all very satisfying.

I gave this latest quilt to its teeny recipient on Saturday as a christening present, I hope they liked it :)  I made a similar star block quilt for his sister three years ago and I thought it'd be cool to replicate the design albeit in different colours.

It took about 4 months to complete, but I really did take my time with it, and, like I say, I probably went a bit over board in my planning stages.

There's not much else to say really, it was great fun to sew and because it's a baby quilt it was very manageable under the machine and not unwieldy to quilt by hand. Another friend is having a baby in about two weeks so I'm tempted to start another one but I might need to replenish my fabric stash, any excuse for fabric shopping :)

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I started a quilt over a year ago but haven't finished it because I can't for the life of me bind it! I think my batting is too thick.

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...