21 Jun 2014

pin stuff, do stuff: braided crown


Okay here's the thing: I used to have a fear of long hair. Other people's long hair. Obviously I'd never let mine get past my shoulder. I know, I know, it's completely irrational and crazy but true non-the-less. A friend of mine's mum used to have hair down to her knees - it really really freaked me out. Anyway, 10 years on and I'm over it (well maybe not knee length hair) but waist length is now totally bearable, in fact, more than bearable, I really love it!

My locks are currently the longest they've ever been and it's awesome. I can finally try out all the up-dos I've been coveting for the last few years including this which I pinned last summer. I admit that I've done a pretty botched job but it was fun taking the pictures so I'm going to share anyway. (Also, as my colour is still growing out, the braided ends look really red against my natural colour which looks pretty cool I think.)
I'm actually due have a cut next week but hopefully I'll be able to keep as much of the length as possible. Summer definitely = fun up-dos.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, that looks soooo good! You're right, the different colored ends really stand out in good way.

    ReplyDelete

Ta v.much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...